Back to the Appliance Repair resource page.
Below are some simple and easy ways to save money on electric bills.
- Change incandescent light bulbs to compact fluorescents.
- Air dry dishes instead of using the dishwasher's drying feature.
- Use a microwave istead of a stove or oven.
- Turn off your computer, TV, VCR, etc. when you are not going to be using them for an extended period of time.
- Lower the temperature of your hot water heater.
- Take showers instead of baths.
- Wash and dry only full loads clothes.
- Run the dishwasher only when it is full.
- Turn off lights, portable fans, etc. when they are not in use.
- When gone for extended periods of time (e.g., a one week vacation), lower the temperature of your house.
Credits: US Department of Energy (http://www.eere.energy.gov/consumerinfo/saveenergy/save_nocost.html)